FLY IN VISIT
MONATE GAME LODGE PROUDLY OFFERS A HELIPAD AS WELL AS A GRASS AIRSTRIP FOR OUR GUESTS WHO’D LIKE TO OPT FOR A FLY-IN VISIT.
Chartered flights can also be arranged on request. Please arrange with reception if you would like to fly in. Fly-in days for individuals or groups can also be arranged with meals and game drives as optional extras during your day visit to Monate.
PLEASE NOTE: An indemnity form must be completed and sent through before making use of the helipad or airstrip.
Please email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MONATE LODGE HELIPAD INFORMATION
- Helicopters to land on private gravel/grass helipad. Coordinates: S 24°46.12' and E 028°41.60'
- Fly-in guests will be met at the Helipad and driven to Monate Lodge – 6 minutes drive.
- Contact the Manager on Duty at 014 718 7000 for landing permission and ETA.
- No landing fees charged for guests.
MONATE LODGE AIRFIELD INFORMATION
- Aircraft to land on private gravel/grass airstrip, Length 1200 meters; Direction 06/24
- Fly in guests will be met at the Airstrip and driven to Monate Lodge – 10 minutes drive
- Contact the Manager on Duty at 014 718 7000 for landing permission and ETA
- No landing fees charged for guests
MONATE LODGE AIRFIELD
- Country: FA South Africa
- Type of Point: Airfield
- Frequency: 124.8
- Latitude: S 24' 46.119'
- Longitude: E 28' 41.599'
- Mag Variation: 17 deg. W
- Elevation: 3800 Ft.
- Join overhead airfield. Circuits to the North West to avoid Lodge and FAP 177
- Airfield not fenced. Game on RWY – use at own risk
- Signing of Indemnity Form required before ARR.
- 124.8 MHz VFR - unmanned.
- 24 / 06
- RWY 06 slope : +0.8 deg.
- Parking area next to threshold of RWY 24
- FAP 177 - Roetan Ammunition Factory, +- 4 Nm North East of Monate Airstrip
- Vertical bounds: 4000' AGL - GND